I am seeing a trend here these past few years, and quite frankly I am tired of falling into this routine. Something has got to change. Here is a quick synopsis of what has taken place since I have last posted.
- PAX Prime was a blast. I met some great people there, some from the XNA peeps that I follow on the Twitter, others just out of the blue. I got to hang out with a very talented voice actor (Bob Ball), an awesome guy from an indie game news site (Dave Voyles), and the almighty Zman aka Andy Dunn even though he thought I was from Seattle and has met me many times. I also got to meet 2 of the 3 McElroy Brothers… It was epic.
- I’ve ran a handful of 5Ks, and will be running at least 5 or 6 more this year. (Ok, probably not run, more like fast jog until my legs/lungs give out…)
- I released XBLIG Companion for the Windows Phone. I am currently working on the iOS build, and my good friend Gordon is working on the Android version.
- I went to PAX East, again had a blast. I got to meet up with Zeboyd Games to check out the new Penny Arcade Precipice game they have been working on. Got a sweet temporary tattoo of a Dapper Potato from Shelldragon of Ska Studios. Met and hung out with the Doucette Brothers aka the 2 masterminds behind Xona Games.
- And lastly, I have set forth an intricate plan that in theory help spring me in a better position to do what I enjoy doing. More info on this plan will be revealed when the time deems it necessary.
Everything else is either a blur, don’t remember, or not newsworthy…
Currently I have been juggling a few tasks. I have been slowly getting the iOS version of XBLIG Companion in a testable build, working on a Dream Build Play entry, and getting to know Unity3D better. With the way things are going, I might be doing another quick weekend jam for the DBP entry like I did a few years back. This time though, I may stream my desktop for fun. My first real attempt with Unity3D is coming along nicely, and should have most of the gameplay functionality done within a week or so if I can control my urges to play other peoples games.
There will be more updates, hopefully less sporadic than it has been.
Until next time…
August sure has snuck up on me it seems. It feels like just the other day I released Manic to the WP7 Marketplace. I have been working on a new game that I’m going to be releasing to the WP7 Marketplace and the Xbox Indie Games. I have the base gameplay built, and now creating stages. I will be posting some pics/vids once I replace my not so flattering developer art. All I will say now is that it is a 2d physics puzzler.
Anyways, if you frequent my blog, you might of noticed that things have changed slightly. I recently changed back over to WordPress because most .Net blog apps I tried, I did not find any good themes, good features, or the projects just died. Hopefully everything got ported over, if not drop me an email. Since porting back over to WordPress, I am going to try to blog more, considering that there is a sweet app that I can use on my iPad to write and publish posts. I am going to try my best to post at least once a week.
Until the next time…