It’s a new month and a new UberMinutes is here! Did more work with the iOS port of XBLIG Companion this week. The main guts is just about 75% done, and have started pushing out test builds to TestFlight. I am hoping to have the first release build ready to push to Apple before PAX begins.
Speaking of PAX, I am going to it again this year. Should be an algebraic time! If I finish off XBLIG Companion port in time, I am going to kick into gears for the MBMBaM game. I would like to have a simple level created with the main characters main abilities done to show off to some people at PAX.
If you would like to have more updates than just the once a week UberMinutes, follow @ElementCy on twitter. I usually tweet things that I am doing, thoughts on my mind, or just complete nonsense… So ends today’s UberMinutes.
Until next time…
I am seeing a trend here these past few years, and quite frankly I am tired of falling into this routine. Something has got to change. Here is a quick synopsis of what has taken place since I have last posted.
- PAX Prime was a blast. I met some great people there, some from the XNA peeps that I follow on the Twitter, others just out of the blue. I got to hang out with a very talented voice actor (Bob Ball), an awesome guy from an indie game news site (Dave Voyles), and the almighty Zman aka Andy Dunn even though he thought I was from Seattle and has met me many times. I also got to meet 2 of the 3 McElroy Brothers… It was epic.
- I’ve ran a handful of 5Ks, and will be running at least 5 or 6 more this year. (Ok, probably not run, more like fast jog until my legs/lungs give out…)
- I released XBLIG Companion for the Windows Phone. I am currently working on the iOS build, and my good friend Gordon is working on the Android version.
- I went to PAX East, again had a blast. I got to meet up with Zeboyd Games to check out the new Penny Arcade Precipice game they have been working on. Got a sweet temporary tattoo of a Dapper Potato from Shelldragon of Ska Studios. Met and hung out with the Doucette Brothers aka the 2 masterminds behind Xona Games.
- And lastly, I have set forth an intricate plan that in theory help spring me in a better position to do what I enjoy doing. More info on this plan will be revealed when the time deems it necessary.
Everything else is either a blur, don’t remember, or not newsworthy…
Currently I have been juggling a few tasks. I have been slowly getting the iOS version of XBLIG Companion in a testable build, working on a Dream Build Play entry, and getting to know Unity3D better. With the way things are going, I might be doing another quick weekend jam for the DBP entry like I did a few years back. This time though, I may stream my desktop for fun. My first real attempt with Unity3D is coming along nicely, and should have most of the gameplay functionality done within a week or so if I can control my urges to play other peoples games.
There will be more updates, hopefully less sporadic than it has been.
Until next time…
PAX is almost upon us, and this year I am going to attend. This will be a first for me, and I am so excited, words can’t even describe it. To have some fun, and to see if I can spread the word of my upcoming game I have been working on, I am gathering some shwag to hand out via twitter from @EatStudios. All you have to do is follow, and watch for important tweets on how to win this fine shwag.
Speaking of the upcoming game, I have an artist busy making some polished art to setup a demo, and will be posting more on Eleventy-Aught Twelve Studio’s website when it is done. I have a good feeling this game will be more awesome than any other game I have made thus far.
Next week during PAX, I am going to try to blog nightly while I am there. Give some insight through the eyes of a first time PAXer… Already know that I should bring enough hand sanitizer to fend off the plague.
Until next time…