I am seeing a trend here these past few years, and quite frankly I am tired of falling into this routine. Something has got to change. Here is a quick synopsis of what has taken place since I have last posted.
- PAX Prime was a blast. I met some great people there, some from the XNA peeps that I follow on the Twitter, others just out of the blue. I got to hang out with a very talented voice actor (Bob Ball), an awesome guy from an indie game news site (Dave Voyles), and the almighty Zman aka Andy Dunn even though he thought I was from Seattle and has met me many times. I also got to meet 2 of the 3 McElroy Brothers… It was epic.
- I’ve ran a handful of 5Ks, and will be running at least 5 or 6 more this year. (Ok, probably not run, more like fast jog until my legs/lungs give out…)
- I released XBLIG Companion for the Windows Phone. I am currently working on the iOS build, and my good friend Gordon is working on the Android version.
- I went to PAX East, again had a blast. I got to meet up with Zeboyd Games to check out the new Penny Arcade Precipice game they have been working on. Got a sweet temporary tattoo of a Dapper Potato from Shelldragon of Ska Studios. Met and hung out with the Doucette Brothers aka the 2 masterminds behind Xona Games.
- And lastly, I have set forth an intricate plan that in theory help spring me in a better position to do what I enjoy doing. More info on this plan will be revealed when the time deems it necessary.
Everything else is either a blur, don’t remember, or not newsworthy…
Currently I have been juggling a few tasks. I have been slowly getting the iOS version of XBLIG Companion in a testable build, working on a Dream Build Play entry, and getting to know Unity3D better. With the way things are going, I might be doing another quick weekend jam for the DBP entry like I did a few years back. This time though, I may stream my desktop for fun. My first real attempt with Unity3D is coming along nicely, and should have most of the gameplay functionality done within a week or so if I can control my urges to play other peoples games.
There will be more updates, hopefully less sporadic than it has been.
Until next time…
PAX is almost upon us, and this year I am going to attend. This will be a first for me, and I am so excited, words can’t even describe it. To have some fun, and to see if I can spread the word of my upcoming game I have been working on, I am gathering some shwag to hand out via twitter from @EatStudios. All you have to do is follow, and watch for important tweets on how to win this fine shwag.
Speaking of the upcoming game, I have an artist busy making some polished art to setup a demo, and will be posting more on Eleventy-Aught Twelve Studio’s website when it is done. I have a good feeling this game will be more awesome than any other game I have made thus far.
Next week during PAX, I am going to try to blog nightly while I am there. Give some insight through the eyes of a first time PAXer… Already know that I should bring enough hand sanitizer to fend off the plague.
Until next time…
August sure has snuck up on me it seems. It feels like just the other day I released Manic to the WP7 Marketplace. I have been working on a new game that I’m going to be releasing to the WP7 Marketplace and the Xbox Indie Games. I have the base gameplay built, and now creating stages. I will be posting some pics/vids once I replace my not so flattering developer art. All I will say now is that it is a 2d physics puzzler.
Anyways, if you frequent my blog, you might of noticed that things have changed slightly. I recently changed back over to WordPress because most .Net blog apps I tried, I did not find any good themes, good features, or the projects just died. Hopefully everything got ported over, if not drop me an email. Since porting back over to WordPress, I am going to try to blog more, considering that there is a sweet app that I can use on my iPad to write and publish posts. I am going to try my best to post at least once a week.
Until the next time…
As 2010 starts to fade, a bright now year is just around the corner. Since it is a new year, most people start planning out new resolutions to hopefully accomplish in the new year. I’m not going to bore you with the list of mundane personal resolutions. Instead, I am going to list off a few regarding game development, and hopefully look back next December to see if these get accomplished.
- Ship at least 2 games. Be it to XBLIG or WP7, but will be 2 different games. If I make one, and release to both, I am counting that as just 1. This year, I released 1 to the Apple AppStore, and nothing to WP7 or XBLIG. My goal is to at least double what I did this year for 2011.
- Finish my secret platformer, Project RCC. This game is semi big in terms of my other projects I have created/started. I have started a few of the tools, and have a rough draft of the story and some dialog. For 2011, I want this game to be pushed out to XBLIG and maybe a port to WP7/iPhone.
- Curve my developer’s ADD. I like to start new projects on a whim, and maybe finish a portion of them. I have started to be better by writing said project ideas in a notebook to work on when I have the time. I need to be more focused on one project at a time than spreading myself out too thin.
I think this is a good list for me to keep myself focused at the task at hand. On that note, catch ya in the new year.
It can not be August already… *checks calendar again* Well damn, it IS August. Where did May, June, and July go? Well, I have been asked a few times when the next “I Can Has Platformer” part will be out, and I assure you I am not dead and didn’t forget about it. I should be finishing up Part 4 sometime this month, and have Part 5 and 6 out shortly after that. I have been trying to get my life in order, and preparing to release 2 new sites, and an Iphone game.
On that note, I am never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down…
I am finishing up the code, cleaning it up a bit for release, and then will be typing up the article here by the end of the week. Just wanted to let you guys know I am not giving up or vanished. =D Last few weeks have been hectic, had a bunch of social events, laptop dieing on me, and a few nights I just wanted to do nothing but relax.
Till next time, nya~
I can’t really believe that it is already a new year. A lot of things have been going on, and things are starting to calm back down. First off, earlier this month, I posted my first article of a series to Sgt. Conker’s website. The series will explain on how to create a simple platformer game, entitled “I Can Has Platformer?” Part 1 goes through the motions of creating a new project, and creating a simple tilemap to display the world. You can read the full article here. I am almost done with Part 2, which will cover adding a player to the game, and some simple collision with the tilemap.
Since I usually feel a need to change gears often, I have been trying to put some finishing touches on a new website that will be going into a closed beta of sorts until I get it right. It is made using Asp.net MVC, and I have to say, I love MVC compared to Webforms. I will release more info on this site when I think it is ready to be publicly known. And if that wasn’t enough, I have started back up into digging around the iPhone sdk. I have a new app that isn’t a game in the works and hopefully will be pushing it to the app store sometime in February.
Side note on DPB, I think it is a bust… Till then, peace out~