I have been working on this tilemap engine for a bit off and on, and recently started to implement it with a 2d camera. I had it all working from some examples I dissected, regurgitated, and mixed in with some cyber wizardry. There was only 1 slight issue. When I went to rotate the map, or zoom in or out, I got some funky artifacts. This happens when using tiles. I was content with what I had, but I wanted it to be the best darn tilemap engine in the world! (ok, that is kinda pushing it, but you get the drift.) I started to look on how I could implement what I had, but not get the artifacts. I found out that XNA has a nifty little class called, RenderTarget2D. It took some tinkering and mostly me trying to remember my math from college… Which by the way, it seems if you don’t use it, you lose it. Curse my memory! Tonight though, I finally finished it, but it is not polished yet. There is still some stuff left I want to tweak and make it better. I am posting some screen shots so you can see what I’m talking about. After I polish this off, I am going to clean up my code and create a nice little tutorial of sorts, cause you know, this thing bug’d me for a while…

Tile Engine Normal Tile Engine Rotated Tile Engine Zoom